To search within the page, select EDIT>FIND from your browser menu, or press [CTRL]+[F] (PC) or [COMMAND]+[F] (Mac) on your keyboard
Have you ever read one of my DARE TO LOVE books and thought “I wonder what would happen if ____?”
Kindle Worlds offers you a chance to answer that question by writing your own story within the DARE TO LOVE Kindle World.
Kindle Worlds is essentially authorized fan fiction for sale. What this means is that I have contracted with Amazon to give other authors permission to write their own story in my series “world.” They can use my setting, my characters to write their own story.
No. I have zero involvement in the writing, publishing, cover design or any other action associated with a story published in the DARE TO LOVE World. Every story published in my world is as new to me as it is to you.
Kindle Worlds was created and is operated by Amazon. At this time, the stories in KW are not available outside of the US or in print. Authors outside the US can not write for the world either (at the present time). I’m sorry, I know you are disappointed, but I don’t have any control over that.
Yes. You can write you own story in the DARE TO LOVE WORLD as long as you follow the Kindle World and Carly Phillips Rules. You do not have to have ever published a story before.
If your story sells copies, then you will make a royalty off of the sale.
More information on the DARE TO LOVE Kindle World can be found at Amazon.
1. Respect the Rights of Others: We take violations of laws and proprietary rights very seriously. It is your responsibility to ensure that your content complies with all laws and does not violate the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other right of any other person. The use of unauthorized third party intellectual property (including but not limited to characters, logos, or lyrics) is prohibited.
2. Create High-Quality Works: An excellent customer reading experience is paramount to Kindle Worlds. Poorly formatted books and books with misleading titles, cover art, or product descriptions will not be published. We reserve the right to determine whether content provides a poor customer experience.
3. Promote Your Creative Vision: Your writing and vision should be the focus in your Kindle Worlds fiction. Paid advertising or excessive use of brand names is prohibited.
4. Cultivate One World at a Time: We don’t permit crossovers from other Worlds, meaning your work may not include elements of any copyright-protected book, movie, or other property outside of the elements of this World.
5. Craft Romance with Intention: Sexual content, including erotica, is permitted, but we don’t accept pornography or offensive depictions of graphic sexual acts. Please reference the canon to guide you through what is acceptable in this category.
6. Choose Your Words with Care: Offensive content is prohibited, including but not limited to racial slurs, excessively graphic or violent material, or excessive use of foul language.
7. Submit Relevant Fiction: Stories must be based on characters, scenes, events, themes, and/or plots appearing in novels, novellas, and short stories in the Dare To Love series authored by Carly Phillips.
8. Design a Unique Cover and Pick an Original Title: Your Kindle Worlds story is not permitted to include a title or cover that is the same as or is misleadingly similar to any title or cover in this World’s canon. Specifically, no Fan Fiction Edition title will begin with Dare To XXX (any adjective).
9. Mind the Time: Authors are permitted (and encouraged) to write prequels and stories with timelines that run prior to and parallel to the most recent release in the Dare To Love canon. No Kindle Worlds stories may extend beyond the timeline of the latest release in the Dare To Love canon for sale on Amazon written by Carly Phillips.
10. Avoid Certain Characters: Some of the characters appearing in cameos in the Dare To Love stories are not included in your license to write in this World. Authors are not permitted to use Dare brothers, sisters, or cousins whose stories are in the Dare To Love Family Tree (http://carlyphillips.com/dare-family-tree) that haven’t yet been written by Carly Phillips.
The Dare to Love series revolves around a dysfunctional family –the Dare family … siblings shaped by a father’s secrets and betrayal. The father, Robert Dare, had one family and another on the side. When a child in the illegitimate family needed bone marrow, Robert revealed his other family and asked his legitimate children to be tested. This betrayal by the patriarch of the family affected each child differently, and of course influenced their views on love.
Dare to Love – Riley Taylor & Ian Dare
Dare to Take – Ella Shaw & Tyler Dare
Dare to Hold – Meg Thompson & Scott Dare
Dare to Touch – Olivia Dare & Dylan Rhodes
Dare to Rock – Avery Dare & Grey Kingston
Robert Dare’s Illegitimate Family
Dare to Desire – Madison Evans & Alex Dare
Dare to Want – Brianne (Bree) Wilson & Jason Dare
Dare to Pleasure – Samantha Dare & Jared Hawkins
Dare to Dream – Sienna Dare & Leo West
NY Dare Cousins